1.04.2010

Installing the show: Sunday

It went better than my wildest dreams, so good in fact that i don't have any process pictures (wha????) because me and my awesome co-pilot, navigator and most excellent co-conspirator MC came in, put our heads down and WORKED all day and when we looked up we had a SHOW! (as well as a long cold dark drive back across the mountains ahead of us.) We loaded the Green Machine, grabbed some coffee and rolled on down the road getting home a little after midnight. (Travelers note: if you have occasion to be around Cleveland TN you might want to take a pass on the Subway...it's a LONG ways off the interstate and they make a S-L-O-W sandwich...)

I have a 4 minute or so walk-around silent video that I'm trying to get up tonight. In the meantime, some info regarding the Big Event(s) can be found right here

It looks SO GOOD and I'm really proud to being playing a part in the adventure. All the contributing artists were very generous, excited and easy to work with, thank you guys! And the St. Andrews-Sewanee folks have been treating us right! Thank you Christi Teasley for all your support, and for the opportunity to show Other Possibilities to the world at large.

Finally (for this post) I especially want to thank MC for everything she did to make this install go so well. Her energy, talent, humor, commitment, encouragement, smarts and plain old hard work is what made this as good as it is and I could not have done it without her help and support. I am generally NOT an easy person to take a car trip with but there wasn't a mile or an hour that I didn't thoroughly enjoy. THANK YOU doesn't begin to say how grateful I am...

Ok, it's COLD out, the wind is howling and I think the video might be done percolating so I want to get that up before lights out. Thanks to all the Shoestringers and stay tuned for more reports!

No comments:

Post a Comment