1.26.2010

An aside...

I'm a bit behind on posting the remaining images from last week, I plan to catch up by the end of this week.

I wanted to let everyone know that Robert Croma (Shoestringer and video artist from London, England) lost his father last Tuesday (the first day of the SAS classes.) This happened after a short and acute bout with cancer, and has been a hard time for Robert and his family. Robert had contacted me in the late fall to let me know of the diagnoses, but still was committed to participate in our show.

His submissions of all the videos in the compilation included the piece titled "Night Impromptu" which has recently been shortlisted for an award in the French film festival Videoformes.

It may be odd to post this in the middle of a such a forum, but I think it's important to remember that the world swirls around and lots of things (good and bad, happy and sad) are happening simultaneously. The wheel turns, and making and showing and teaching are all parts of a larger whole.

I am certain i am joined by you all in sending Robert our sympathies and best wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment